Friday, December 5, 2008

Big changes

So big changes are coming my way... and Lauren's way.

I GOT A JOB!!!!

And yes, I'm super excited about it! It's a great job, and it comes at the perfect time. Our finances are starting to feel a crunch. Now, the bad part is that for now it's only temporary. A Dr. in the town south of us is retiring in July. His secretary is leaving him after 10 years (that says a lot to me) to come to my town and work. He needs someone at least until August, but there is a chance that a new Dr. will buy his practice and a chance that if this happens I will be asked to stay on... so for now it's a short term blessing.

As for Lauren? She will be attending daycare! When I had my last minute interview a lady here in town kept Lauren. She runs an in home daycare, but she wasn't taking anymore kids. So I went and toured a daycare in the town south of us. I wasn't very impressed. When I came home to pick up Lauren I talked to 'Nanna' about putting us on her list for her next opening. She then explained that Lauren was great to watch, and that she had been considering adding one more kid, and decided that Lauren will work! It was a double blessing day!!! I completely feel comfortable and trust her. She only has 6 kids, and so many are Lauren's age. I'm so excited!!!!

I have missed working and cannot wait to go back. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed my days at home with my baby during her most precious stages. But I admit that I am not the most diligent mom when it comes to teaching her, and I know Lauren will benefit greatly from being around other kids on a daily basis.

I'm truly one of those people who have to work. It defines me.

So with that news out of the way, I have my last Christmas Bazaar tomorrow and I am so nervous. It will be some good Christmas money though.

Well here are some cute pictures that my cousin Valerie took of me and Lauren in Aunt Norma's front yard. Thanks Valerie!!!





And then here are some that I took of the princess!



I forgot how beautiful East Texas is in the fall! I would love to move back one day, but then I look around me, and I see some of the most beautiful sunsets that they don't see down there. And here I know which way is North, South, East, and West. I get all sorts of turned around down there. Lauren loved the leaves!


She was so interested in what the other kids were doing.



Then she got a few minutes to play... there's that cute rear end again!




Be on the look out tomorrow for a very special post about my newest 'family member'.

For now, I'm off to try and get a few things done around our house to get prepared for next week.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to go home. I know you have been lonesome for your own family, and they, for you. Glad you had a good time, a safe trip, and we missed you. But you know love doesn't divide - it only multiplies. Congrats on the new job. I know you are a worker and I'm glad for you, and for Lauren, too, because she loves other children and now she'll be with them a few hours every day. grandma

Monica said...

CONGRATS!!! I know how you feel about the job thing. I love my boys, but I'm the same way. I'm so glad you got to go home. We did too and it was nice, but it was also nice to come home. I can't wait to hear your other news!! Who's the new family member????????????

CJensen said...

Congrats on your new job and the opening for Lauren at the day care. I can't believe how big Laured is getting! Where did the time go? Weren't we just complaining about aches and pains yesterday over at SB.com?