Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Porkchops, Steak, and Hunter's 2nd Baseball Game

Question for the day: does my blog have several blank spots in between pictures and such? My dad told me that my blog would have several blank spaced throughout, and it made me wonder if it's that way for other's, let me know.


...................................................................................................................................................................


So our baby is not a Gerber baby, not really anyways. She'd much rather have table food any day of the week. So I cooked pork chops this past week, and I try to get the one with the bones in it, because not only does the love the flavor, but it's great for teething! She goes to town on them!

As for the gerber baby food jars that fill my cabinets, we make the best of them, but aside from the oatmeal with applesauce and bananas, she declines on a regular basis.

Other foods that she really likes includes banana pudding, mac and cheese, steak (see the video below), french fries (of course), grandma's beans and cornbread, mushroom rice, and waffles/pancakes/french toast.

She also loves mommy's creamy coconut snow cones. The first two bites are always hilarious because she's not expecting the coldness, and she gives a funny face.





















































.....................................................................................................................................................................




I think it is so cute every game we go to, I get to see these two pairs of ears! And she really watches the game and what the kids are doing... Everyday that she gets older, Levi gets a little more excited. He really can't wait for the days of riding in the front seat by daddy on the console or standing up (yes I know this is dangerous, but thats the farm life for kids here!) It's a family tradition, ask Hunter. And he always talks about 'going to town to buy pink boots'.

And I know that the day will come that she will want to go with daddy instead of mommy... but thats okay, because mommy likes to go with daddy too, we'll make it a family affair!

I'm personally looking forward to days of riding ponies, braided hair, and chasing goats!But how sad to think that those days really aren't that far away... she's already grown up so much!

So this made me realize that I have not updated everyone on what Lauren does now...

She:

  • says 'dada', 'dadeeee', and 'da!' alot (I know she's not really saying daddy, not intentionally anyways, but we let him think she is! hahaha) and babbles constantly...
  • definitely is crawling at warp speed!!!
  • can open cabinets and doors... I got to spend my sunday evening childproofing my kitchen.
  • stands and pulls up on everything, and gets brave and tries to step away by herself. If she would just put her feet down flat, she'd be running right now!
  • get's very mad and has an attitude... we call it the 'Pepper-Fry Fits!'...
  • waves 'bye-bye' now...
  • probably thinks her full name is "No! No! Lauren!"...
  • She looooooves dog food! Can you say yummy!...
  • plays bashful, even with people she knows...
  • absolutely looooves the pool and the lake!
  • learns and watches all the time. Grandma comments all the time on how 'smart' she is. She really pays attention and you can just see the wheels spinning in her head when she's 'learning'. She has this look on her face that is just full of 'thinking' expressions.




<----- Here she is just chilling at the ballgame, getting her drink on and all! Look how comfy she looks.













Hunter played short-stop this time... a lot. I think someone spoke too fast at the last game, because he didn't do as much pitching. Some of it is our fault, mostly because we sent him to baseball camp, and granted it taught him the 'right' way to wind up and pitch, he now cannot pitch like he did at the last game... sooooo somebody has some practicing to do. But he still made some great plays!


















































I'm including a cute video of Lauren eating on a T-bone at grandma's house... She really enjoyed it:




Well, I think that's all for now...

I'll post father's day pictures soon. I hope everyone is doing great!

Love you all!

The Fry's


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had already forgotten how she enjoyed her "steak and cake". g

CJensen said...

I do see the blank spaces and the descriptions of the photos are not lined up with the photos.

I Love the pics of Lauren eating "real" food! TOo cute! Lucas has taken to scrounging "real food" from the older kids, if they drop cheezits, etc, he is righ on it!

Karidan Kaye said...

Yes the blank spaces are there!!!

Adrienne said...

I see it the same way you do. I think it's just fine. Maybe people are confused since there's not writing next to all of the photos??

Anonymous said...

I have blank spaces as well.