Thursday, June 12, 2008

Carousel and Hunter's first game!


WHAT I LOVE ABOUT HUNTER:

His love for spontaneity!

I can say, "hey Hunter!..." and he's game (most of the time). This particular day was a quick run for last minute baseball stuff on the day of his first game. Sentinel's season is almost over, but he's excited to play none the less.

So while in Elk City, we stopped for a much needed snow cone and a trip to the park. They had the carousel open, so we took a ride. We were the only ones, except for a single little boy. We always have to get the 'Indian Horses'. Lauren absolutely loved the carousel... even thought this was her second ride, it was a definite first for her. I have a picture of her there asleep on my chest while riding the carousel back in December while visiting Santa...

<----- This was Lauren's first snow cone though, and she LOVED it. I know I say that a lot, but when she loves something, she really loves it!




















































A second thing I love about Hunter:

His love for baseball!

And he's good at it! No really! I'm not one of those parents who thinks their kid is the best, even when they aren't. But Hunter really has a knack for baseball. He always has. And he takes it very serious. He hates to lose... that's his daddy coming out in him! hahaha!

So he has never pitched before, but he got to today. Apparantly the team didn't really have a very good pitcher, so they tried one boy, and he pitched an inning... then they tried Hunter, and he ended up pitching the next 4 innings. He was so proud! He did pretty good for his first time.


<---- Daddy and Lauren watching bubba play...












<---- Some mommy time, and directly below is one of my best girl friends, Dana, having some Aunt Dana time. I'm so blessed to have two very good friends in my life, who can play the role of an 'Aunt' in Lauren's life.




































































































So I have a funny story to tell:

While watching Hunter pitch, a lady comes up to me and asks, "Do you know who that boy pitching is?"

I said, "I dunno but he sucks huh?".

And she said, "Nooooo, he's really good, but I've never seen him before!".

Then I let the cat out of the bag. I told her he was my son, and that he was here for the summer. She said she was glad, because it seemed like he was a good ball player. She and I ended up visiting the rest of the evening. In between I had several people comment on how good he was and how they were so happy to hav ea good ball player on their team.

Now if that doesn't make a parents heart swell with joy... I just don't know what will!

The only problem; Hunter KNOWS he's good! hahaha!

Well, there are more posts to come, so make sure you check back!

2 comments:

CJensen said...

Looks like Hunter is enjoying pitching in the game!

Love the pictures of Lauren on the carousel!

Monica said...

Hey!! there is nothing wrong with knowing you are good as long as you really are! lol These are great photos! Did you take them with your new lens?