OMG! I can't believe how much time flys... my best girlfriend Monica, just had her 2nd baby boy, who is absolutely precious!!! and looking at his baby pictures makes me sooo sad. I know it wasn't so long ago, Lauren was teeny tiny and had wrinkly feet, and that little newborn freshness!Now she's an almost crawling, getting into everything, miss attitude with a capital 'A'. And as I sit here going through pictures, I wonder did I take enough? Did I capture all the essence of her newborn stage? Will I remember every detail? Will I forget how she looked and felt?... Oh Lord I hope not!!! My baby is just growing right before my eyes, and there is nothing I can do about it!
Below are a few of the pictures I couldn't wait to show you all... It's getting even better. She actually moved one leg up the other day, but most of the time, she just rocks back and forth and then face plants.




Here are a few pictures from the past week:





She had just rolled over and hit her head harder than she meant to on the hardwood floor. She's usually pretty good about doing it gently, but not this time. I figure I always share 'smiley' pictures, it was about time for a good cry.


Here are a couple of pictures from our fishing adventure... we caught a few sticks, but nothing to take home to moma...
This picture just absolutely warms my heart!!!!
This is the first time Hunter had seen Lauren in her walker. They have so much fun wheeling around the house. And though there isn't much room to go, they make the best of it. She just loves it. He zooms her here and there, and makes all the driving noises required to drive a walker. If he stops the looks back to make sure he's still there. She grabs the wheel, and off they go again!Now if they could only stay this way, and always love one another! Which brings me to think about my own siblings... somehow along life's rocky path, my sister and I have officially split. I think I've been dis-owned. I saw her the other day, and she wouldn't even look up so I could wave. I still am not sure what I have done to make her so angry with me, but I hope she knows that no matter what, I will always love her. I think there are certain people who, when they can't handle one's ways, they turn away. This is her, as I am the opposite. You can do a lot to hurt me, but family is always family in my book. I'm sad to even say, it has been over a year now since I have seen my sister. She hasn't seen Lauren and refuses to even acknowledge her as her own niece.
So I told Levi the other day, my kids better learn real early that no matter how much the may get on each other's nerves, they better always, always stick together! Or they will have me to answer too.
.... moving on....
Here is Lauren, or newly dubbed 'Sissy', which was my childhood nickname as most girls are called, waiting to go take a look at bubba's hunting trophy... She is such a ham!



So last, but definitely not least, Saturday, before Hunter left, he finally shot him a big turkey. He passed his hunter's saftey course only the week before (which his daddy was soooooo proud of). Saturday morning they set out real early to shoot a 'big one'. And indeed he got one. Below is his proud picture that has already laid claims somewhere on my wall in an 8x10 size... Next is Hunter discussing the details of the hunt with his uncle Rusty... and finally baby sister had to take a peak.



... not quite done...

Hunter up earlier than he
had been in what I am assuming
a loooooong time. Poor kids doesn't
manage well in the mornings...
... then again, who does?
And for sure a final... just some cute pictures of baby girl playing. I have a lot of compliments on how she smiles ALL the time. She really is a happy baby, so when she not full of it, I know something is wrong. And the best part yet? She is a mommy's baby. She looks for me all the time when someone else is holding her, and she reaches for me. Sometimes just the sight of me walking in the room makes her smile and happy. I'm not sure how much of that is a good thing... but know that she needs me and wants me, makes life pretty wonderful!


We send out love out to you all!
Please drop us a line or leave us a comment!
Shannon and "Sissy"


4 comments:
Saweeeet turkey Hunter! Great pidtures of Sissy and Bubba. It was great to see you guys at SWODA yesterday. Lauren is growing way too fast!
Love ya,
A
Lovin that darn smile of hers...
We were prego at the same time, you remember us on the board together right!? But yes, they DO grow very very quickly, and sometimes it makes me all teary too! I feel like she is contstantly growing out of clothes and I am constantly getting new ones! LOL!
Our babies are such a blessing, love them till' we can't love them anymore!
Pinch her cheek for me, would ya? =)
Have a great day!
Trisha
Shannon I LOVE these photos and the thoughts that go with them! I'm so glad you take the time to share and remember all of these things. You are going to always treasure that you did this blog.
As I look at Lauren and Hunter I can't believe how big they are!!! Hunter is a little man! Lauren's smile is contagious and I find myself smiling every time I look at her! You are very lucky!!!
Love you girl!
grandma - still proud
Post a Comment