Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter picture overload... and camera lesson offically learned!

Hello everyone! I hope you all (noticed I tried not to say ya'll) had a wonderful Easter. We definitely enjoyed ours... I am posting a major picture overload, hope you have time.

This Easter taught me a very valuable lesson, more than all the other events: to use my GOOD camera! I once again, thinking of easiness, used Levi's digital camera. And yes, it does it's purpose, however, the photographer in me is screaming at all the pictures I took. Not one am I really satisfied with.

<---- this is by far my favorite picture of the day. She was giving me 'sugars'...








































<-----This is the sombrero Grandma and Grandpa brought back from Mexico this winter.























































We attended church services with Grannie Nadine, and the children did an egg hunt. I was so proud of Hunter... he didn't take off and grab a bunch of eggs, he helped baby sister get one egg, and take a few pictures.

We had a wonderful dinner at Grandpa and Grandma's house. All the kids came over, and we hid over 100 eggs. I was a bit sad, as always on holidays when I realize I don't have any of my own family around. But this new family is wonderful and has taken me in.

I don't have much else to report... I'll try to get back with more info and few other pictures I am dying to share.

We send out our love, drop us a line or a comment.







<----- Riggs and Lauren 'playing' together on the floor. They both will be crawling soon! (hence the pictures I am dying to show you)

4 comments:

Monica said...

I think those photos are perfectly fine. I think as "photographers" we get so wrapped up in getting the perfect shot that we forget that the perfect shot is sometimes just the capture of a special moment. Even if it is a little blown out or not exactly the composition we wanted (yes I'm including me too). The important thing is you captured Lauren's first Easter. Because of that the photos are perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, always look on the bright side: the colors are perfect, no one cried, no one threw an egg, everyone had a good time, we all ate too much, it didn't rain or snow, but we missed Boots (she always loved Easter eggs), Tommy had to work, we all ate too much, we could have used some rain, and this year, for the 2nd time in 68 years, I didn't dye eggs! I always think we should remember that it's never so good it couldn't be better, and never so bad it couldn't be worse. And true happiness lies somewhere in between. Grandma

Tricia said...

Very cute! Looks like your little friend has a great Easter! Thansk for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures!!!!! Hope you're having a great week with Hunter!
Love ya - A