Friday, March 14, 2008

I know, my blogging is sad...


Hey everyone! A lot has happened this week... I, or should I say 'we' have had a couple of really busy days around here. Today I took some pictures for my old work. It was really nice to be back around some of my co-workers and I got to see some of our area Senators and Legislators.

We picked up Lauren a walker last Friday. She loves to scoot around in it, but I'm taking pleasure that she doesn't go far for now. I know it won't be long... I know I keep saying that, but I have even more exciting news. She can't do it herself yet, but when I put her down on her tummy, she puts her knees under her and can stay up in a crawling position for several seconds. It's so exciting to see all of her accomplishments... I am proud to get to stay at home through all of these milestones, even though I miss working a lot.

Life is good here... Not a whole lot to report on. I'll give you some pictures to look at though:







Here is a trio of her and her new-found freedom in her walker:





















The two pictures of her and her PaPa were taken earlier tonight while were outside:
















Lauren watching daddy and I work:

















Oh yeah, Levi and I took on the challenge of painting our house. I have been wanting to do it, for 'look' reasons, but mostly because if we didn't the siding is going to rot off. I imagine the last time the house had been painted was 5 years or better. Levi is leaning towards closer to 7 or 8. I picked out a nice khaki-green and 2 shades darker on the trim. The green will look good even during the dead of winter. So we started today, and hope to get most of it done tomorrow and Sunday.

And in case anyone is wondering, I declined the Post Office job... it came down to having to work a couple of weeks at a time, which left me in the same 'pickle' I was before. I have no baby sitter. They also wanted me to work the whole week we had Hunter for spring break, and that about broke my heart to think about not spending much time with him... funny how I have adapted so well to 'on my own time'. It's nice to not have to rush around for work, supper, clean house, and bed. My days are so much more 'laxed'.

Well I better wrap it up. Gotta get to bed.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.






Oh, I included two pictures below that I took with my new lens. It's the only opportunity I have had to really take some pictures. They aren't great, but I like them.









1 comment:

Monica said...

Man Lauren looks soooo happy!!! I can tell the positive influence you've had on her! Way to go mom!