Saturday, March 8, 2008

Blogging: Pearls, a walker, and arms

(I created this post late Saturday night and forgot to submit it... that's why is says Saturday)

This week has been a busy one to say the least...

Tuesday, Grandma and I went thrift store browsing. I found the cutest hat to take Lauren's pictures in as soon as she can sit up real solid. But the hat threw me into a creative mode, and I asked Grandma if she had any pearls by chance to 'play' with. The pictures obviously represent what I was able to come up with. Not the greatest, but cute anyways. I am just so proud of her big 'ol eyes! They are so pretty to me.

Thursday, one of the girls from work wanted me and miss priss to come up and eat lunch, but I just really didn't feel like it. Friday, Grandma and I went to the big town of Altus. We made a little thrift store rendezvous down there. I found a HUGE grapevine wreath for the front of the house for 5 bucks!

I have had a toothache since Wednesday. It didn't seem to bother me too much today, but I will make a dentist appointment anyways.

Levi was on call last night, and pulled an all nighter, so Lauren and I had to be very quiet in the house today. Thats hard with a five month old!


So one of Lauren's newest milestones is reaching out to be held. Her first distinctive movement was the other night at Grandma and Grandpa's. She started fussing, and Pa walked up to her... she threw her little arms out towards him, and leaned forward for him to pick her up. And of course he obliged. Since then she is very much exercising her new found demanding 'reach'.


We also learned that she loooooves beans and cornbread. We had some Wednesday night and I gave her bite of my bean juice with just a little cornbread crumbs. She went absolutely crazy. I wish I had my video recorder then. She would grab my hand and 'help' me get the spoon to her faster. We made a mess, but she was oblivious.

We got Lauren a walker, and she really seems to enjoy it, when she's in a good mood. Lately she has been extremely clingy and wants me to hold her ALL the time. I'm not sure what is going on, but it's to the point that I can't leave her sight. Even when someone else is holding her, she constantly looks for me.

If you haven't already noticed the poll to the right, please take a moment and give me your input. You can also give me feedback in a comment. I have some 'un-wanted' visitors to the blog, and am seriously considering moving this to a private web page with a login requirement. The benefit of the password login is you can have your computer remember your user name and password. Also I would be able to do some customization to the site. I'm still debating, but I would like some feedback. I hate thinking about who might be lurking around and seeing pictures of my darling girl. On top of that, you know these days the internet is so dangerous... So let me know, would you view or not? Thanks.

I have more pictures to share later... Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Shannon!!! these are GORGEOUS!!!! You could not have gotten better if you have a multithousand dollar studio!

I'd still visit if it was private :)

Tricia said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

Shannon - if this site is so secure why does it ask me if I want to display non-secure items? And why does it accept either choice I make (yes or no)? And how do we know some sicko is not lurking? And how can we be sure, even with a password? Just worrying, I know, but things do happen. grandma