Not only would she stay snuggled against my placenta, which makes for a very unclear picture, but she absolutely refused to move her hands from her face. She was going to town on them!
We only had a 25-30 minute session, and the ultrasound lady tried her hardest to get Lauren to cooperate. She patted my belly numerous times; she pushed and poked on Lauren; she even made me roll twice, trying to get ‘lil Miss Lauren to show us a better profile. She would not budge. When my rolling did move Lauren just a bit, she ever so stubbornly moved right back and snuggled. It was quite humorous and frustrating at the same time.
We had this pacifier/thumb sucking debate the other day at work. And I spoke too soon, making claims that I didn’t want to introduce the pacifier, if possible. But I also did not want a thumb sucker; I really don’t know which is worse. And I think Lauren is out to prove me wrong. She chewed and sucked on her hands, fingers, fists, and even the middle of her forearm. At one point, she even had her foot in her mouth, literally! Levi and Hunter both chimed in and said maybe I needed to eat more, she was hungry!
Also, I might add, she has some very chubby cheeks! Not for sure where those come from, but we are thinking levi's mom and his brother both have big round chubby cheeks. So maybe thats it... The ultrasound lady kept commenting on them, so I assume they are really more 'cheeky' than usual.






So I got a little dvd of the whole session, a cd full of images, and a 'free' diaper bag. It was really neat, I wish I could do it again, and wish that I had done it sooner! Maybe we would have gotten some better pictures. I will include the video, where at the end she finally decided to move, now that our session was up, but she gives a cute little grin at the end. I hope everyone can make heads or tails of it. Levi says it’s not easy! lol!
We went to Bass pro afterwards, and drooled over boats. Then we went to Cattlemen’s Steak House in cow town, and rode a horse drawn buggy up the front door. Had a wonderful steak dinner… Then we headed home. We decided not to stay in the city, both of the boys wanted to come home, and I agreed. Today will be busy enough, we just as well get some good sleep.
Tonight is the big party at Levi’s Mom’s. She lives on the lake, and every year the lake has what is called Christmas in July. So we are cooking steaks and watching the fireworks tonight. They also have bands down by the boat house and so much more.
Well I better get up and get around to doing something. I'll post later!
--------------------------------------- VIDEO ----------------------------------------------
It's only 20 seconds, but if you know what you are looking for, at the very end, she gets a big grin... It's cuuuuuute! And all the movement is her, she decided to make a show when it was time to leave. (the grin is around the 16-17 second mark)
( just hit the play button twice)
.............................................................................................


10 comments:
So fun! I got a little peek in 3-D too (we only paid for a gender determination session so I didn't get a ton) and my kids seem to like to snuggle up with the placenta aswell, so we didn't get anythign super clear, but I got a couple cute pics of our little man! You are getting so close, she looks like a little healthy, chunky baby (the best!!). So fun!
Well what can I say! Thank you for letting me part of this.
Love you.
Aunt Barbara
I loved that little grin - but I think Lauren may have been teasing us! I enjoyed so much Levi telling us about the session. He said "she even put her toes in her mouth." Love. Grandma
Very sweet...what a keep sake for for you AND her. I am so glad you made time to do that.
Dana
I totally love this! It is so amazing. Sorry she wasn't more cooperative for you but hey she is a girl!! So glad that the experience was so good for you guys. What a family memory!
This is really amazing! I wish I could have seen my daughters face before she was born. You are so lucky. I have really enjoyed reading this page and veiwing all the pictures. You have done a great job. Keep it up! Love, Michelle
That little video was really neat. I loved it. I seen the little grin. I wish I could have done that with my babies. It was still pretty new then I think. I liked the one with her foot in her mouth. That is amazing!
Your blog is beautiful!
Love that 3-D US!
Jen (from SB.com)
Amazing pictures. To see your baby smile inside your belly, what a gift! ~Brooke "GirlWhoScraps"
How awesome is that? I had the 3d's done too and she looks just like the pics!
It is so rewarding and SUCH A BLESSING! I am happy for you and can't wait till your little one is here...
Post a Comment