Sunday, May 17, 2009

#225 and please PRAY...

I pour out my complaints before God and tell Him all my troubles. For I am overwhelmed. Psalm 142:2-3 NLT


Well, this post marks officially number 225 for my blog.

I started this blog two years ago in the hopes of creating an easier way to keep all of my family updated with my progress during our pregnancy. Then it naturally fell into being about the outcome; Lauren and her adventures of growing up.

Then after about a year, I turned it into our family blog, and started posting more about all 'family' stuff and not just the princess...

Now, almost two years later, I feel like this may be the coming of the end of the blog.

I don't believe that very many of the people (if any at all) who this blog was originally intended for, view it anymore. And while I have made very good friends during this process, you sb.com girls know who you are, and of course Monica and Grandma. But I just feel like the 'reason' is lost. I am glad that I have this, and in fact it's a great digital scrapbook... but lately, I have felt like I'm post for nothing.

So today I will share a few pictures, update you on some things, and chatter for a minute. But I can't promise what is to come in the future:

First and foremost, I will not likely post in the next week or two. So in the mean time I would like to ask all of you to please pray for this little boy...



And you might even pray for this little girl...



She loves her Bubba soooooooo much...



And ohhhh how we love him too...


The reason for this prayer request???

Tuesday, May 26th, we will know whether Hunter will be starting school at Sentinel as the new kid, or if he will be enrolling in the 4th grade back in NM. (or we hope to know that day)

But most of all, while you are praying, you might pray for this guy too...


His heart aches everyday as 'the day' draws near. I know that he cannot handle another loss like last year. He just can't. So please pray that he's patient, with everyone and everything around him for the next week and a half.

You might pray for strength for Levi, for Hunter... and pray for strength to face either heart ache or joy, because the horrible truth is that no matter what the outcome, someone will get their heart broke. Trust me, we know all about the heartache. It never goes away.

You might pray for courage.
You might pray for hope.
You might pray for knowledge (mostly for the Judge in hopes that he sees the truths, yes truth-s)
You might pray that the good Lord's will be done, despite what it may be...



And lastly, you might just squeeze a prayer in for me... not only do I worry and hurt for Hunter. I worry and hurt for Levi. I worry and hurt for Lauren. I worry and hurt for Grandma and Grandpa.

It's so painful to watch the family, who Hunter has always belonged to, not have him like they so desperately want, and deserve too.

On other notes... I surprised Grandma with tickets to go see 'The Lion King' next Sunday. She was very excited. It makes me happy when I can give someone something they really want. She really-really wanted to go. I am excited too.

Life has been busy as usual. We are both working our tails off... Him with compressors and weather changes. Me with a full time job, plus photography on the side. Which by the way I am not managing very well at all right now. I have way too much on my plate.

Levi and I wanted to do something for ourselves this year, so we built a deck off the back. Well, we had a deck built. We can't build a thing to save our lives. We almost got divorced over a simple bathroom imporvement a few years ago. It has been a wonderful thing to have the last few days. We have enjoyed it immensely.

I could go on and on with updates. But I won't.

I'll leave you with a prayer I found fitting.

O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace,
help me in all things to rely upon your holy will.
In every hour of the day reveal your will to me.
Bless my dealings with all who surround me.
Teach me to treat all that comes to throughout the day with
peace of soul and with firm conviction that your will governs all.
In all my deeds and words, guide my thoughts and feelings.
In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by you.
Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others.
Give me strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day with all that it shall bring.
Direct my will, teach me to pray. And you, yourself, pray in me.
Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, you know you have been a light in our lives every since we have known you. We are so glad you are a part of our family. grandma

~*~ Stephanie ~*~ said...

Shannon...

Oh I'm soo sorry to hear that things are just so heart heavy right now for you and your family!!

I for one will miss you soo much if/when you decide not to post on your blog anymore. But can understand your reasoning. I do hope you will keep in touch.

I will be sending out warm thoughts to your family and hoping for good news!

If you ever just need to vent (and don't want to post on the blog) you know you can ALWAYS email me - I may not have any helpful advice... but I am a great listener!!

Monica said...

ok I guess I'm supposed to be the understanding and supportive friend and say I understand how you feel and it's ok if you stop posting, but you know me.. I'm too honest... :) you CAN'T stop posting!! you and my mom and the only 2 that read my blog but I keep posting for you and her. If even one person is reading it's worth it! PLEASE PLEASE keep us updated I LOVE seeing your photos and reading your stories. I'm ok with fewer and far betweem but to say good bye.. that would be too much! I'm praying for you all! Love and Miss you Shan!

Priscilla said...

I am so glad I found your blog address. I had to get a new computer cause my old one died with nothing saved! Awful. But I looked back at old emails and found a link! I am so glad I have saved your emails you wrote me. I Hate that you wont be blogging anymore. I wish you would just post an update like maybe once a month at least. I love watching your family. Please email me and tell me how you are. Bye for now.