Saturday, April 25, 2009

We're back...

I'm sorry if you have missed us posting... Life can be so crazy and busy at times!

I'll try to update from the last couple of weeks:

Today, we went to the annual Mangum Rattle Snake Derby.... yes, there are really rattle snakes there. It's a huge vendor and fairway set around the captured snakes. The kids had a ton of fun!






The Rattle Snake derby is a big 'family' thing for us. In fact we missed last year for the first time out of the past 7 years. Hunter was devastated, and if I remember correctly (and I do) I was doubled over with a gallbladder attack. So we missed it.

But the year before, when I was 4 months pregnant with our little princess, I was able to twist Levi's arm to take one of those cool 'old time' photos with me. Hunter was ready to do it...



Today, we closed the chapter with a reunion photo with our new addition...




I'm glad we did it, and I promised Levi that he wouldn't have to do it again for another two years... However since I didn't get the caricature picture I wanted, that may be on the list for next year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other day, Lauren played in the water sprinkler at grandma and grandpa's house. She had so much fun 'washing' things, and sharing a drink with bear.




We see grandma and grandpa on a almost daily basis. Since daycare is just up the street, we stop by before traveling the three blocks to our house. When we were backing out of their drive, I was able to catch Lauren waving by to them. I just love this picture...


It's late, and I'm tired. So I'm gonna get in bed, and I'll try to be back and post an update with more, including Easter tomorrow or Monday.


2 comments:

Monica said...

Wow. you couldn't get me within a mile of a rattlesnake event. no siree! I'm glad you had fun though.

Shan I LOVE that last photo. It tells such a story and will be treasured forever. Great job!

Anonymous said...

grandma was here! what can I say - no picture of my great grand children, grand children, or other family is less than perfect!