No, no one died or got hurt, but something died... my computer... along with ALLLLLLL of my pictures and video.
Now those that know me, know that I am not a half*ss person when it comes to my computer and precious pictures. I did have everything backed up on an external hard drive. And guess what? It died too!
So what happened you ask? Well, last week I started noticing problems with my main computer, and thought I better back it up and get it ready to go to the computer guy. While backing everything up, the internal drive transferred a bad sector to the external thus leading to it's departure as well. Only I didn't know this until AFTER we cleaned the main computer off and deleted everything. I was fortunate to have backed up Lauren's baby pictures, birth videos, and such to my laptop, but that's it.
So at this very moment, I am hoping that my drives have reached their destination at Temple Texas to be 'operated on' and see if my files are recoverable. This doesn't come at a cheap price either! $400-$600 dollars to be honest. So I have a couple of photography jobs coming up and I hope to make enough money to help pay for these precious memories retrieval.
With that said, all else is well here... I am posting a few pictures of recent that I just happened to not delete off my camera:


Just a couple of pictures from Vacation Bible School



Driving lessons with dad! The last picture is my favorite, he was whispering in her ear. The funny part is when I try to take her away from him, she clings to him for dear life!!!



And last but not least, we spent a few minutes down at the barn with the boys before they went coon hunting. Hunter introduced 'Gator' and 'Sally' to Lauren. She was quite fascinated with the dogs and the way Hunter talked to them. She listened so intently to everything Hunter said.
Oh! We will be walking any day, we are trying right now!!!
She turns loose of things, and if she doesn't think about it she'll let go and go to take a step, suddenly realize what she's doing and immediately plop down. She is still scared, and not quite understanding of what's going on. But she does know she wants to move, she just hasn't figured out the key ingredients.
Also on the 'Lauren Front', she has been extremely fussy and cranky the last few days. I checked to see if she might be getting another tooth in. I didn't see one, but a few days later, I felt towards the back of her lower gums and felt a tooth sticking out. So we are skipping all the front ones, and are now getting our far back teeth that we aren't supposed to get until between 14-18 months. But ofcourse like her mommy, she just can't wait on things!
Other than that, we are planning a huge BBQ in honor of the princess and her one year birthday coming up! I am planning on about 25-35 guests, most adults, a few children to attend a cookout that will be for her birthday, Levi's birthday, and our 4 year anniversary.
With all of that said, I guess I will go for now, and I will post something as soon as I know on the file/data recovery.
DON'T forget, if you hate checking the blog with no new posts, I can set you up to receive instant notification so you don't have to wonder. Just shoot me an email or a comment! Thanks everyone!
Now those that know me, know that I am not a half*ss person when it comes to my computer and precious pictures. I did have everything backed up on an external hard drive. And guess what? It died too!
So what happened you ask? Well, last week I started noticing problems with my main computer, and thought I better back it up and get it ready to go to the computer guy. While backing everything up, the internal drive transferred a bad sector to the external thus leading to it's departure as well. Only I didn't know this until AFTER we cleaned the main computer off and deleted everything. I was fortunate to have backed up Lauren's baby pictures, birth videos, and such to my laptop, but that's it.
So at this very moment, I am hoping that my drives have reached their destination at Temple Texas to be 'operated on' and see if my files are recoverable. This doesn't come at a cheap price either! $400-$600 dollars to be honest. So I have a couple of photography jobs coming up and I hope to make enough money to help pay for these precious memories retrieval.
With that said, all else is well here... I am posting a few pictures of recent that I just happened to not delete off my camera:


Just a couple of pictures from Vacation Bible School



Driving lessons with dad! The last picture is my favorite, he was whispering in her ear. The funny part is when I try to take her away from him, she clings to him for dear life!!!



And last but not least, we spent a few minutes down at the barn with the boys before they went coon hunting. Hunter introduced 'Gator' and 'Sally' to Lauren. She was quite fascinated with the dogs and the way Hunter talked to them. She listened so intently to everything Hunter said.
Oh! We will be walking any day, we are trying right now!!!
She turns loose of things, and if she doesn't think about it she'll let go and go to take a step, suddenly realize what she's doing and immediately plop down. She is still scared, and not quite understanding of what's going on. But she does know she wants to move, she just hasn't figured out the key ingredients.
Also on the 'Lauren Front', she has been extremely fussy and cranky the last few days. I checked to see if she might be getting another tooth in. I didn't see one, but a few days later, I felt towards the back of her lower gums and felt a tooth sticking out. So we are skipping all the front ones, and are now getting our far back teeth that we aren't supposed to get until between 14-18 months. But ofcourse like her mommy, she just can't wait on things!
Other than that, we are planning a huge BBQ in honor of the princess and her one year birthday coming up! I am planning on about 25-35 guests, most adults, a few children to attend a cookout that will be for her birthday, Levi's birthday, and our 4 year anniversary.
With all of that said, I guess I will go for now, and I will post something as soon as I know on the file/data recovery.
DON'T forget, if you hate checking the blog with no new posts, I can set you up to receive instant notification so you don't have to wonder. Just shoot me an email or a comment! Thanks everyone!


3 comments:
OOOHHH...so sorry! That sucks!
By the way...baby girl is growing so fast and so cute! Watch out when she starts walking...all will be over soon! LOL!
So are you really glad you posted all this stuff to this blog? Saved a bunch, I think. I'm glad to see you are able to write about it!! See you. Just got home. Grandma
After I saw all my comments, I knew there must be a new post here! :o) She is SUCH a doll. Is her hair getting lighter? Lukas is doing the exact same thing with walking. I feel like I need to watch him every second because I don't want to miss it!
I'm hoping and praying your computer info can be saved!
Post a Comment